Random News


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate
October 23rd 2009
Published: November 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Anyone remember "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy?" Well...this is the first installment of "Random Thoughts by Brenna Child." Not nearly as funny or interesting, but things we feel the need to share nonetheless:

1) We are the proud owner’s of a German drivers license. Jeremy and I both took the test Oct 15th and passed! This says a lot, since many people fail it the first go ‘round. Autobahn, here we come.

2) We signed the lease on our new house and have officially moved in! We are all very happy, including Lady P who is enjoying the heated tiles. We are also happy to report that all our belongings (clothes and furniture) have been delivered. (not all intact, but we have them!)

3) (Warning: only interesting to me) I can get my Netflix through our APO address! We have been watching the first season of Lost. I am elated.

4) We have boars living up the road. Yes, you read that correctly. This is not a nickname we're using for anything or anyone. We really do have boars in our woods. I wonder if they like black labs?

5) Speaking of Pepper - she made a friend with a horse the other day, on one of our walks. This horse seems to have taken a liking to Pepper and would like her to visit more often. So we brought some carrots for the next visit. (the horse didn't show...so....)

6) Jeremy made friends with some Heffers. And I really mean a Heffer - horns and all. He fed them carrots.

Wow, these random tidbits of information really make it sound like we're on the Oregon Trail, doesn't it? Hopefully one of our wagon wheels won't break or our oxen don't get sick. 😉



Advertisement



13th November 2009

Random response
I am sure the DL success for brenna comes from my training. Jeremy probably succeeded due to that wonderful chase training provided by the DOD. That should really be a benefit on the autobahn. Are you talking about heifer-like a cow? They eat hay, not carrots. Do you want to see orange milk. Poor farmer is wondering how that happened. Wild boars can be dangerous. I suggest hunting them. That would be good sport and save on food cost. You could have a neighborhood hog roast. Speaking of sport-no deer yet. It is raining today so that is why I am inside-avid hunter is out getting soaked.
17th November 2009

Lost Episode Guide
Good to hear you are watching Lost. I fancy myself quite the Lost expert and have committed a great deal of time watching this series. It goes through its boring spells, but stick with it. Go to http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Episodes for an episode guide that will make you wonder how some people have the time to completely dissect every second of the show. Looks like a good time over there.

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb