St. Goar


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate
September 13th 2005
Published: September 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

So, by the time we got on the Rhine River cruise it was raining. We stayed on the boat for forty-five minutes and got off at St. Goar. We had lunch and went shopping at the touristy shops. Katherine got a really cute kitten. It's more of a rag doll than a stuffed animal, but it's really cute and it was made in Germany. It's even wearing a cute overall dress.
At this point it was really pouring. We took the van/shuttle up to the castle. St. Goar's castle is the best castle I've ever been to. It's a really fun maze of ruins. There are great views of the river from the top and lots of underground passages below. (Bring a flashlight.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Braving the ElementsBraving the Elements
Braving the Elements

We're sitting at the front of the boat, and the rain is hitting us straight on. That's why David's holding the umbrella in front of their legs, rather than above them.
World's Largest Suspended Cuckoo ClockWorld's Largest Suspended Cuckoo Clock
World's Largest Suspended Cuckoo Clock

Here we are under the world's largest suspended cuckoo clock. Katherine has her kitty tucked in her raincoat you might be able to see the castle in the background.
The CastleThe Castle
The Castle

This isn't a very good picture of the castle, but it's fun to look at the expression on my face.
The Castle 2The Castle 2
The Castle 2

This is just a small part of the castle.
The ViewThe View
The View

another scenic view, another funny face


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb