Our stop at Piesport Mosel Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Piesport
August 18th 2014
Published: August 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We had a nice stay in Frecourt but now we had to move on to our next stop. That was Piesport on the Mosel river. It was a magic drive that took us through forests and open fields where cows were grazing. Than you hit the mountains covered with wine ranks not ready yet to harvest. That will be beginning October. We stayed at a nice small hotel that also had there own wines, called Golden Tropchen. That evening we had a nice dinner sitting on a terrace overlooking the Mosel. Not that busy as the Rhine but very romantic. Pity next day we landed into bad weather. It turned out a rainy day. Although we managed to visit a few places around the Mosel river. It does not look so friendly walking with umbrellas. When the sun is out it all looks a lot better. That happened the next day. We used that to go to Cochem about 80 kilometres away. This distance is not like in Australia. This 80 kilometres can take a couple of hours to reach. At one of the nice photo genic places we found out we only had the photo camera. We left the video camera behind. Cochem is a small river town that was filled with tourists. All you really do is walking through the little streets with shops that sell clothes, souvenirs and not to forget food. Strolling for an hour or so made our feet tired so we landed at a nice terrace, where a cold beer was very welcome. Now a two hour drive home was waiting for me. We took a different route but so you can see the mountains on the other side. There were some more river towns with tiny streets to go through. It took a little longer for we were back to have a nice dinner. Pity this time inside, to cold to sit on the terrace, but now we had candles on the table. It is the end for the Mosel visit. Tomorrow we are of to go family visiting. Saarland will be the next visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 35; dbt: 0.1081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb