Day 10 Andernach


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia
May 11th 2013
Published: May 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Finally, we found a Starbucks, we are back in Cologne and in view of the magnificent DOM. (may14/13)

On Andernach...

getting there on the boat was a wonderful experience, peacefully floating along the Rhine, smoothly, the hills and wineries outside our window, we had three naps that day, that was before 1:30 pm when we arrived in Andernach where the volunteer fire brigade was celebrating 125 years, imagine that, how old is Canada again? Just amazing, and we snagged this interesting picture... when it comes to Germany, the boys have got it covered...(photo)



All in all, we found it to be a dark place, dark as in the feel of the place, we walked to their *claim to fame* the Turun, an old old (1440) watch tower which we had to climb of course. After Cologne it was almost as if we went from vibrant to oppressive until we wandered into this old church (St Maria) and we heard angelic singing - the choir was practising - so we entered and sat and listened for awhile and it just so happened that they sang a beautiful Dutch song. We were quite moved. This made our experience there much more uplifting after all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb