Bon Voyage!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Cologne
February 27th 2011
Published: February 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bags are packed!Bags are packed!Bags are packed!

Moustachio is ready for a European adventure!!
After months of anticipation, we are finally leaving on a our 3 week journey to Europe! The world headquarters for cleverbridge ( - the company I work for) is located in Cologne, Germany and I'm lucky enough to go there once a year around this time on business. This year Meagan is joining me and we decided to tack on a short vacation to Italy at the end since we'll be so close. This is Meagan's first trip outside the US and she'll be getting her first stamp in her brand new passport when we head through customs in the Frankfurt airport. Packing was a bit difficult since the weather in Germany will still be pretty chilly but it will start to warm up when we get to Italy. Always a struggle not to bring too much stuff! Karneval will happen when we are in Cologne meaning we both needed costumes for the 6 night celebration which is sort of the equivalent of Mardi Gras in New Orleans, LA. It wasn't easy but we were able to find all the components for some pretty awesome costumes which you'll see in some later posts...Our flight leaves from Chicago at 2PM central time Sunday and, after transferring to a giant Boeing 777 in Toronto, we'll arrive in Frankfurt, Germany at 7:30AM local time Monday morning where we'll catch a train to Cologne. See the route for the first leg of our trip below. More to follow!


Advertisement



27th February 2011

have a wonderful tim
Wow -- what an amazing journey you are about to embark on. Bill and I were talking about it at breakfast and he recalled your first trip with Chapman. Can't wait to follow you on this fun trip. Enjoy yourselves and be safe. Love you both - Cecelia and Bill
28th February 2011

Happy Travels!
I hope your travels to Frankfurt went well (despite the delay)! We'll be thinking of you & checking the blog, to see what you're seeing & doing.... Make sure Moutaschio is in all your pics!! You can make it like 'where's waldo' HaHa. Love to you both, Mom & Dad

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb