Arrival in Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Bonn
July 28th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a quick trip to Los Angeles on SW, we took a bus to the internatonal Bradley terminal that would be our home for the next 10 hours while we tried to get a flight to Frankfurt, Germany. We were banking on Lufthansa for a ZED fare and after more and more passengers arrived at the gate, we realized there would be no chance on the first nonstop. Then, we got the two last seats on the 747 flight 451, at 7 pm.

Have I mentioned that I hate the bulkhead? (note to self: bring a keyboard with English on it the next time I travel to Germany and have to use my sister's computer. Like where the heck is the @ key?)

Well, anyway, after an agonizing night we arrived in Frankfurt. The DB ICE runs right out of the terminal, which BTW, is huge, and for 144 Euros, we both got passage to Sieburg/Bonn. 40 minutes later, we arrived only to find out that my sister lives 30 more minutes away. When I finally figured out how to phone her, she said: "Why didn't you call from Frankfurt?" Well, we were a little pressed for time.....

More later, and pictures too.

Ciao

Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb