Cycle touring through Mecklenburg-Vorpormmern: Day 6 - Prerow to near Stralsund


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
August 16th 2012
Published: August 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday the forecast held rain for the afternoon. We race hopefully before the rainclouds east along the coast from Prerow to Zingst along a popular and elevated path with beach access. From there we turn south towards Barth. The next day J and D will leave from Stralsund, so we aim for a little place not far from Stralsund in Duvendiek.

After Barth, a soft rain finally started and we were able to find shelter along the way to kit up. It was still pleasantly cool, and with my waterproofs I felt armored against the mosquitoes, who had been slowly but consistently finding our bare patches. We returned to the small towns, agricultural land, and winding avenues lined with cathedral-like trees. We did not stop to admire the fields, we did not take photographs, but I remember speeding past glistening green. We finally arrive around 3 pm at the campground outside of Duveniek. Beautiful wooden sculptures greet us, and we freshen up gladly. By the time we all reassemble after our showers the rain has ended, but everyone is in the mood to enjoy a hot meal and drink indoors at the campground restaurant. We see on the door that the grounds were funded by EU money to develop rural areas. This was also a center for observing cranes.

This is my last night with J and D. We share a pleasant breakfast, we hug, and I head off for the last part of the trip alone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb