The Resort town of Warnemunde, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Mecklenburg-Vorpommern » Warnemunde
July 28th 2011
Published: August 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

When we returned to our dock we saw that a tall ship was just being positioned by a tug in front of the Prinsendam. Wow!! What a size comparison between the two ships! I went up to the top deck right away to take pictures and had fun observing all the business of this docking chanal. So many different kinds of boats and ships.

There is to be a Tall Ship Festival in the near future here in Warnemunde, so this Russian Tall Ship is here for the Festival. This is a friday afternoon so there are lots of people swarming around on the dock and music from the band in a dockside restaurant. Wa Whoo !! the weekend is here! Warnemunde is a major beach resort area for Germans and we can see the crowds walking up and down the streets when we go for a walk after dinner.

We go from pier 7 under the train tracks (pedestrian tunnel) up over the canal bridge to walk along the canal. It is like a circus midway atmosphere with crowds and sidewalk cafes full of people having food, and then it starts to rain. We could see the clouds getting darker so we brought our umbrellas. Gradually the crowd thins out, thanks to the rain, and we walk a little further enjoying the views and colors.

Then tiredness set in and we made our way back to the ship. On the Lido deck there's a German barbaque with a German omph-pa-pa band in full swing. Passengers who had gone on an excursion to Hamburg, returned for a late BBQ dinner. We listened to the music for a while and then went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Tall Ship Tall Ship
Tall Ship

positioned by a tug
The Russian tall ShipThe Russian tall Ship
The Russian tall Ship

flags just went up
sail boat racesail boat race
sail boat race

Sail boats returning to port at the end of the race
The pilot boat pulls awayThe pilot boat pulls away
The pilot boat pulls away

as the Prinsedam leaves Warnemunde


Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb