Rudesheim and Trier


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Marburg
March 23rd 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello again! This entry should be a little more exciting. Two weekends ago A group of us went to Rudesheim. It is a small town along the Romantic Rhine river. It is known as a wine town and it had vineyards all around it. Unfortunately, it is the off season, so the winery, etc was closed, but it was still a cool little town and was fun to walk around for a few hours.

Then this past weekend we went to Trier on a school trip. We left Friday and came back on Sunday. Trier is a city near the border of Luxembourg. It is said to be the oldest city in Germany. It was also a big city for the Romans back in the day, even being called "Rome of the north." It was very cool because I have an interest in Roman history/mythology and so I always like to see ruins. While we were there we saw the old ampitheatre, Baths, Karl Marx's house, Porta Negra, and a Roman/Egyptian Archaeological museum. Very cool stuff. I think my favorite part of the day was the baths. It was just really cool walk to walk around in the ruins, especially through the dark hallways underground. The weather was amazing that day too. Sun was out all day and I was warm in my coat a lot of the time. I took lots of pics, and a made a short video. Enjoy! Also, all my classes are still going well and I have my language test at the end of next week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



24th March 2009

Cool trip
I would love to go to see the Roman ruins and delve into the history of the place. The ruins actually look more extensive, and in some cases well preserved, than I would have thought. Seems like a great three days. I'm sure no beer or wine was consumed!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb