A/C??


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
July 20th 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So for once we'ver slowed our trip down a little bit. The lazy train ride to Frankfort gave us pleny of time to relax and write another 10 pages in our journals. Then last night we went to Mainz's (a city outside Frankfort) "old town" for a nice dinner at a German place. Then we booked our train reservations to/from Paris and our hostel there as well. We don't really know where the hostel is but have a hand scribbled map that I'm sure will get us there no problem ... nooo problem.

I sit now in a 100 degree internet cafe sipping a delicious Paulaner Hefe-weizen. It's 9:15 Thursday evening and we've been just killing time walking around the city and napping by the river since 4. It's the first time I really felt like a back packer since we've been hauling around our backpacks the whole way. We're catching a night from from 11pm - 7am to Paris. A couple of people from our class are going to Amsterdam tonight and meeting us in Paris tomorrow at 5. We opted to see more of Paris and slow the trip down just a bit instead. The lazy afternoon has been nice. I think I'm ready to speed things back up. Or maybe slow things down in a more scenic city. Frankfort is pretty much like a ... chicago or dallas. Lots of just city and crazy bums screaming at nothing (well maybe we just saw one of the those).

Today we "toured" the Frankfort stock exchange and the currency museum. I wanted to shoot myself through both. I think the education level was intended more for a high school field trip than a graduate program. Then they made us where matching blue st. mary's polos. It was awful. As if we didn't look touristy enough.

Hopefully I don't punch any rude frenchman in the next three days ... bon voyage!

Advertisement



20th July 2006

voyons la chemise!
dude...you can't rant about the terrible tourist blue polos and then decide you're not going to indulge us with a pic of how hideous you look...disappointment is setting in...AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! Other things I'd like to see: -Cory punching a frenchman -Matt urinating of the Eiffel Tower -Matt and Cory stuck in one of those krazy bubble payphones -Matt and Cory running through downtown Paris with American Flag capes screaming, "Les Français n'ont les boules très minuscules et aucune tige!" Glad to hear you're having a good time! -jonray

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb