Layover


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
April 8th 2003
Published: April 8th 2003
Edit Blog Post

Our flight to Cape Town from Phoenix had a 12 hour layover in Frankfurt - pretty much from 9am to 9pm so we went out on the Metro to take a look at the city. We didn't find too much to interest our jet-lagged brains, the museum was closed and that was probably a blessing unless they had very comfy furniture. We walked across the river and sat down in a church for a while until some Germans (in Frankfurt - imagine that) told us that the church was closed and the front door was only open to let the builders in. We dragged ourselves out and back across the river where we found a nice cafe for some lunch. Pretty tired we headed back to the airport and slept for a while. The nice people at the airport woke us up and told us we should move because some people might be coming.. so we dragged ourselves off the only sleepable seats to go and sit in a hard chair by the smokers - who get to smoke inside right in the middle of Frankfurt airport!
This is a real gripe of mine with airports - why do they put arm rests between all the seats so you can't sleep, and provide nowhere for sleeping.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb