I love Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
January 29th 2008
Published: January 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had such an amazing time in Frankfurt I almost didnt want to leave.

Our hostel was wayyy out in the country, which kind of scared us. It was a little remote to say the least. When we all got there we were starving, but of course we didnt believe that our hostel was so remote that there wouldnt be ANY food out there... we were wrong... they had to take us to a gas station to get food for the night. We were a little surprised, but we picked up some snacks and came back. We all settled in and made friends with two Italian guys in the hostel played scrabble and hit the hay. There was a very odd lady in our room, but we all ignored it and went to sleep to get ready for the big day ahead!

The next morning we all woke up and got ready and got the shuttle from our hostel at 8 back to the airport and took the 8:30 bus into Frankfurt. It was about a two hour ride, but it was well worth it once we arrived at the train station. We grabbed a quick bite and then met Susanne for coffee. It was really good to see her and she gave us the best places to go.

After we left the cafe, we walked over the bridge and walked through a flea market and checked out some local street food. ALL WE DID WAS EAT! Pretzels, sausages, meatloaf, winersnitzle, hagan das! You name it we were eating it! We visited the main cathedral and the museum of modern art and the old opera house. We were soo tired.

We had dinner in a real beer garden! We met this older guy who travels to frankfurt on business alot and he brought us there and ate with us. He was good company and he paid for most of dinner which was pretty damn cool. We also tried Applewine which is apparently local to Frankfurt! It was all and all an amazing day!

We got back on the bus and went back to the country to our hostel, but we had to wait a while at the airport for our shuttle. We met this awesome guy from Australia named Jesse. He is a dancer and was on the way to Zurich for an audition. He was hilarious! We ended up facebook stalking him, we want him to come to Italy really really bad.

The next day we woke up to catch our flight which we thought was at 1:45, little did we know it was at 3:45 so there was a lot of waiting around at the airport. Then when we arrived back in Pisa we found out there was a train strike! We ended up sitting in the airport for another 3 hours! We were so tired when we got home I passed out!

It was absolutely an amazing weekend!

Next weekend... ROME!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb