Gutten Tag!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
October 6th 2005
Published: November 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I'm so tired...I'm so tired...I'm so tired...

I've avoided Jetlag by staying tired all the time.

Mid Atlantic.


Not sleeping very well even with two seats, but at least we have plenty of room this time.

Breakfast not a moment too early, but again Kate's lactose free meal is better...

I think I've got to come up with a better dietary requirement. Low carb just isn't getting me anywhere.

~ an hour to land there is no avoiding it, I'm going to have to do battle with my mortal enemy - the aircraft toilet.

Yet again the toilet wins 8-(

Arr. Frankfurt Main.


Landed in short order, through customs in minutes and then to collect our bags. A short wait (OK a long one) then into the main terminal.
Now what? Umm straight to Munich or stay in Frankfurt tonight?

We take a vote on it and both decide that exhaustion is the better part of valor and get a room near the train station.

The info desk probably isn't the best way to get a cheap hotel room but it sure was easy...

We put our big bag into storage and hit the local train to town. Our hotel (Hotel Hamburger Hoff) is easily found outside the train
Waiting for Luggage.Waiting for Luggage.Waiting for Luggage.

Any minute now...
station as promised.

After the MOST needed shower in years (man I stink) we hit the town in search of bier. Ironically the first place we come to was the "Kakadu Australian Cafe" which we almost bypassed for obvious reasons, but I was thirsty and besides it would be interesting to see how the Germans view Australian pubs.

Basically it was just a standard German cocktail bar with pictures of Australian landscapes on the walls and some novelty Australian roadsigns (kangaroos next 10km etc).

So I went to the bar and did my best Paul Hogan impression.

Howitgoinmatealright? Gees, I'm dry as a dead dingos donger. Give us two of your best cold frosty ones.


He looked at me as if I'd just spokedn in a foreign language to him. Which of course, I had.

Bitte zwie bier, danke.

That worked a little better...

We counted at least a dozen sex shops in two blocks before not bothering to count anymore - there are just so many! And all the wares are on display to the street for all to see, whether it's toys, books, DVD's, or even peep shows and "reviews". I love the Germans! I could feel at home in a country whose main persuits are beer (bier), sausage (wosrt), and porn
Looking for our Hotel...Looking for our Hotel...Looking for our Hotel...

Frankfurter, Hamburger, I know it's some kind of food!
(what's German for porn???).

there were many tents and stalls set up in the mall area in the centre of town offering many sausages and pastries as well as a fresh produce area. There also appeared to be a couple of large wine tents and bier tents. I don't know if this is every day, ever thursday or once a year, but it gave the place a real buzz.

Frankfurter and bier for dinner (what else could I have) before hitting the sack early ~9pm for much needed sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb