Day 71: Frankfurt am Main


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt am Main
May 12th 2011
Published: May 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rising early as we have to get the camper back by 11.30, we did the final pack and clean of the van and head off to McRent to deliver our little home on wheels back. The final insult was the bloody Tomtom could not for the life of itself find the address, no matter how hard Pam tried, it kept on coming up with the wrong direction or 300kms to go. We knew it was around 30kms so here we were driving around Frankfurt not sure where we were going or where we were. Finally we remembered that you had to put in the postcode for German addresses, you know the Germans everything must have a number and paperwork. Finally arriving at McRent and getting hit for a new mirror for the one I damaged 56 days ago (450.00 euro) we dropped the van off. The final insult was we had paid for a transfer to the airport then were advised that as our Hotel was in fact in the city we had to pay another 10e, okay we said and headed off, Pam checked the distance on the iPhone and we discoered that it was closer distance than the airport, so we got screwed a little there. Arriving at the hotel around 1.00 pm we headed off to have a look around Frankfurt for a while. To be honest though our heart was not really in it. We had a bite to eat and as we returned to the hotel, we found we had walked into the seedy part of town, the 'Red Light' area. Making sure Bree was secure, we told her not to look left or right, that it was head down and just walk. This was not where we should be and to Pam's absolute horror as we passed a guy huddled in a corner, she saw him with a needle in his arm, 'shooting up' drugs. We arrived back at the hotel around 4.30, we kicked back and did nothing which was a pleasure. For dinner we headed down the road to O’Riellys pub for dinner then and early night as we had an early start with a 1005 flight, but the room had no air conditioning and was damned hot and we faced a main road so the noise was unbelievable, so sleep was not the greatest. My apologies if the story stops for a while as we are not sure about internet in the USA and on the boat. Rest assured though we wont be doing very much except sitting by the pool drinking rum cocktails.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb