Ersten tage im Hamburg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
January 22nd 2013
Published: January 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

My first official day as a Hamburg tourist!

Schnee, schnee, schnee all last night it snowed! to wake up in a city 16205,459km from home to a silent city, blanketed in snow is wunderbar, although slightly hungover its hard to get out of bed to explore.

walking through the streets, making the way up as i go has not brought so much excitment as it had today. seeing the Alster lake covered over with ice and snow, and the old buildings roof tops capped with snow, lining the lake edge brought back many happy memories of advensures had and adventures to come!

the language school where i attend 7 years is still standing, the streets fill with students on break with a mix of excited discussions, german, english, spanish and russian in a population of 1. million people it is amazing how quickly you can feel right at home again.

this afternoon comprised of sledding, falling off sleds, pulling them back up the hills and closing my eyes, squealing the way down hoping i miss all the bumps and trees in the way! no better way to warm up a near frozen body then with a pipping hot glass of gluhwein and good company.

good night Hamburg til tomorrow


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb