We Have Arrived!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
July 20th 2012
Published: July 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

At approximately 6am local time on Friday, 9pm Thursday Burlington time, a tired but excited group of travelers arrived safely in Hamburg. After a final few words of advice and collecting our luggage, the group flowed through the exit gates and into the warm embrace of kind smiles and waving flags of our hosts. It always seems like as quickly as the doors open, the kids are on their way to their home for the next three weeks, whisked away by their enthusiastic host families in a cloud of dust.

Today will be the hardest day. Tired from little sleep and exhausting travel, and perhaps a bit of homesickness creeping in. I have heard though that some have already ventured into the city with their hosts in hopes of keeping awake.

Tomorrow is the Welcome Dinner at Sinstorf School. This always proves to be a positive experience. We'll also have the chance to meet as a group and debrief the first 24 hours of life as an exchange student in Germany. Monday is a day that many have been waiting for... Heidepark!

I do want to take this opportunity to compliment this years students on their travel etiquette and overall demeanor thus far. They have been kind to one another, positive in all respects, good listeners and have displayed a level of maturity that most would consider beyond their years. Well done kids!

More tomorrow including pictures from the Welcome Dinner!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.404s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb