Berlin has nice clubs


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
October 22nd 2006
Published: October 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

So i am not sure where i left off last time i wrote but i will just say Berlin is AWSOME!!!!! We have been having a blast, so far we have seen all the things that i mentioned before but also we went to the big part of the berlin wall that is still standing that was neat because right beneath it was the excavation of the old Gestapo headquarters and although it was all in german there were some really amazing pictures, also right behind there was a wall that told the story of the berlin war crime trials and how the four major powers indicted 24 or 26 leaders of the nazi party and sentenced all of them to death. It was really interesting to read all the quotes that the german leaders said and how they truly believed that Hitler was the greatest man to ever be born in the world and how most of them thought that they were completely innocent of all the charges against them. We learned just so so much about world war 2. we also went back to check point charlie and got our passports stamped with the allied checkpoint charlie stamp from berlin. Today we went to finally do the bike tour but they canceled it on us because there havent been enough people to do the tour so we were really bummed. But we did get to see the bunker where hitler commited suicide and the memorial to all the jews who were killed in the holacaust, the bunker is just a parking lot now but it was still pretty neat to see the site where he was for the last minutes of his life. the memorial is really different, it is just a bunch of concrete blocks set up in a park like thing. we got pictures, we will post them, we also saw Kaiser wilhelms tour which has the top spire blown off it, pretty cool but we dont know the full story behind it but it was still neat to see.
Oh we met some really fun people in our hostel also and we have been going clubbing with them each night, oh yeah Berlin has the best clubs in the world, the second night we were here, we went to one called club moskow which had three differnt floors all playing differnt styles of music, the top floor was like jazz hip hop the second was electronic techno and the basement was bass drum techno, it was really alot of fun, the next night we met some more cool people who are in the airforce and stationed in frankfurt but were in berlin for the weekend, we are probably going to meet up with them again in munich, but anyways we went to a club right on the river spree that was out of this world good, two floors that might has well have been two completely different clubs but i cant even explain how cool it was, i hope they have a web site because that is the only way other people can really see what it was like, it was called watergate, and lastnight we went to a club called maria which was really differnt, it was a warehouse that once you walked in, you thought that you were in the club that is the movie blade, it was really dead and really kind of expensive so we didnt really stay long. but anyways now that our stay has come to an end, i can say hands down this is the coolest city we have been to so far, i definately want to come back someday and i really honestly would like to live here, as soon as i learn german fluently.
Jack

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb