i feel like a midget


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
October 19th 2006
Published: October 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So today was our first day out in Berlin and i can already tell that i love it. The people here are HUUUUUGEEEE i seriously feel like a midget compared to all these germans, i now know why Hitler thought they were some amazing race, they are all over 6 feet tall and are some strong looking people, i walked by a police officer today and the he(this might sound bad but..) was the exact image of what i picture when i think of a Nazi soldier, blond hair, blue eyes, and a mean looking guy. but anways, This city seems to have more interesting history than all the places we have been combined. It was where both world wars were thought up and where the big conflict with the spead of communism was. We saw some pretty neat stuff today, we started off with this neat little market that im not sure but i think it is an everyday thing, we had a couple of bratworst and saurkraut, it was tasty. then we walked to the book burning square which was also cool not only because it is a significant part of history but also because we saw some guy playing the crystal glasses filled with water, he wasnt that good but it kept us occupied for a few minutes, then we walked to brandburger tor which is the columed arch that the berlin wall was built infront of and seperated east and west berlin. from there we walked to Checkpoint Charlie, which was the american sector of berlin after the fall of the Nazi regime and berlin was seperated into four differnt parts each controlled by a major power country,(USA, Britain, France, & the soviet union) I really liked it here becase there is a wall that explains all that happend after world war 2 and how the conflict continued into the cold war and arms race between The soviet union and the USA. IT was a really full day and we walked a lot, but we didnt really realize it until we looked at the map. It was also a reallllly nice day today too which made the day even better, i didnt even need a sweater. Oh I am not sick anymore either so that is good aswell. I love this place soooooo much i know that my brother tom would love it also because he was really into the world wars and coldwar more than i am. This city is massive and i know that when i leave i am going to be very educated on the world wars, i am sooooo excited for tomorrow because i think we are going to do the bike tour and see even more history. OH and the Architecture here is also really neat becaue the old building that are really significant to germany havent really been restored so they look really old and alot of the builings that were destroyed are built to look like they did before being bombed, and after the fall of the berlin wall, all new buildings are still being built. it is reallly something to see. If berlin keeps going like this, i am going to end up liking it more than Paris.
that is all for now, love every one
Jack
oh ps,
when people post me comments, it gives me insperation to write more so please keep commenting,
thanks Nina!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb