Sightseeing Day


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
August 17th 2011
Published: May 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So we started the day with a dip in the hotel pool before heading out for breakfast. We found a square that had some food carts and got some crepe's. I had a nutella crepe which just hit the spot. We then had a bus tour around the city. We hopped off at the AlexanderPlatz. The square was nice and the vibe was pleasant. There was some nice shops and there were guys walking around selling hot dogs. We had a little look around before jumping back on the tour bus.

Our next stop was the Brandenburg gate where we got off and admired the 'Tor'. The area is full of history and it was a fascinating landmark to see. There was a lot catered towards tourists in this area such as 'beer bikes' and people dressed up in strange outfits that you can pay to have your photo taken with. The place was heaving with people. We took some photos and looked around the surroundings.

We returned to the bus and the next stop was Checkpoint Charlie. There was a lot of history here and lots of really interesting stories. Stories about how people tried to get over the wall using sneaky and sometimes dangerous methods. Checkpoint Charlie led into the American sector and there were people dressed up as American guards for photo-ops. We then walked around the corner to the wall. There was a small exhibition telling the background of the wall.

We then rounded off the day in the Hard Rock Cafe before returning to our hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb