THE FLYING MERCEDES


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
August 26th 2011
Published: September 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So off we go from Hassloch towards Brohl-Lutzweg, the home town of my future nephew-in-law, Uwe. Pronounced "oo" as in Foo, Ve ......oo ve (Best I can do) It's about 2 hours away by Autobahn. Yep that means the Merc could do its thing and speeds of up to 220kph were reached. Totally awesome. And still other cars were passing us!

Along the way we called into a Ceramic Village, just for me, and managed to see a few shops that were open for business, but unfortunately we weren't able to see a working potter or studio, as they were either on holidays themselves, or by the time we found one....it was lunchtime. And of course being a village, they shut for 2 hours...Double Grrrrrrrrrrr. Of course Phil had had his fill of pottery searching by now and it was hot, So Asta la Vista, Hohr Grenzhausen, you don't get any of Phils' hard earned cash!

Get to U's house (we shortened his name as us Aussies do) unload, and then head down the hill to Andermach on the Rhine river. It has a cold water geyser that lifts 60m into the air, and you can only reach by boat. So after a 1 hour tour of the interactive information centre, we head out and few a drops of rain are felt. So by the time it is right to view the Geyser, a full blown thunderstorm has hit, with lightening right around us, so the pump to turn on the geyser is switched off, cause as we know lightening likes to strike the highest point and with us standing on the wet ground......
After 1/2 hour of standing under concrete roadway, finally the thing was turned on, and we played in the water and splashed in puddles, which some of the other tourists did not find amusing. Heck we were already wet, so what's the big deal?

The next day Karin returned to hassloch and Claudia, U, Phil and I journeyed on to Berlin. And let me tell you, Clauds knows how to make that Mercedes fly!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb