Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
December 16th 2008
Published: January 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My friends and I planned a trip around Europe for the holiday break Dec-Jan. It began in Copenhagen on the 15th of December 2009.

On the morning of the 16th we woke up at 5am. This was because as transport to Berlin I had booked a bus from Copenhagen and the only time it left was 6.30am and we had to walk to the station. So we caught the bus which then went on a ferry and then got back on the bus and eventually we got to Berlin. We found our way to our hostel (which is always good) and settled ourselves in before having a look around.

The next day we did a walking tour of Berlin. It was a great tour and the best thing about it is that it's free (and we are all on a tight budget). The guide was fantastic and we learnt a lot. After the tour we went ice skating. Then we walked around the streets before making our way home. That night we did a pub crawl which was so much fun. Met a lot of new people (even people from our hostel) and had a really good night out.

On Thursday we slept in a little to recover from the night before. Then we had a walk around Berlin. We walked up Parliament (had to wait in line for ages!) and we all got very hungry. After lunch we went to a christmas market which was really cool and they had their own santa thing going on. We also went to the most boring museum of my life but it was free so we went. It was really only old statues (so half statues since they were old and decaying). We were on the train home when a little fight started (in German so we had no idea what was going on) and suddenly the woman outside the train spat into the train (conveniently just as the doors were closing). I was far enough away to avoid the spit but Nick, Matt and Amy all got some. Nick was not happy about it and continued to talk about the event for at least three days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Berlin WallBerlin Wall
Berlin Wall

And Nick..
ParliamentParliament
Parliament

In the dome of parliament


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb