We're knights of the round table...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
April 19th 2007
Published: April 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Zac and BatmanZac and BatmanZac and Batman

Which one's made of lego??
We realise that we've written again so soon, but a) its been an exciting day, b) what else is there to do when you're stuck in a forest, and c) we're attempting to keep up with the amount of entries that ana and chas are doing. Not going to achieve c).
Also, we're letting you know that we're still alive, and cunningly outwitted the axe murderers last night by being smart: not running up the stairs when cornered, and not choosing a banana as a defensive weapon when we could have used a knife or gun.
Anyway,
Step aside Checkpoint Charlie. Step aside Brandemberg Gate. Step aside wild boars. The lego museum is new to town! Complete with german introduction about lego production (and we got a FREE piece of lego), a 4D film (that was soooooooooooooooo cool) of lego men doing stuff that just left Monty Python's knights of the round table for dead (if you haven't seen the extras on 'the holy grail' dvd, you must), a dragon ride that was like a really slow roller coaster through lego stuff, a jungle expedition with giant lego spiders, mini land of hogwarts and berlin AND a bouncy ball crawl.
Sof and the giraffeSof and the giraffeSof and the giraffe

Which one's made of lego?? (you'll never guess who is writing this...)
Alas, we were too tall to take part in the last part. And of course, there was the wickedest lego shop. You even buy lego by the 100g of whatever. But there were so many nerdy lego things on offer. As a result, Sof and Zac have spent the best part of their evening playing LEGO CHESS which they bought today. In fact, there was a choice of lego chesses to purchase, but we got the coolest.
Its good versus evil, the good pawns have crossbows, the evil queen is a skeleton or something, the bishops have massive swords and shields (the religious ones are always violent... perhaps Dawkins has been playing a part in the lego marketing) and the knights' heads move. Check the pics.
What did you do today???

Zac and Sof


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Monkeys from the Safari TourMonkeys from the Safari Tour
Monkeys from the Safari Tour

And their heads moved too!!!
Zac and the MonkeyZac and the Monkey
Zac and the Monkey

Making monkey noises that even Granny would be proud of...
Tigers from the Safari TourTigers from the Safari Tour
Tigers from the Safari Tour

Not dissimilar from the tigers in our local forest... (except for the whole lego factor of course)
Berliner Dom 1Berliner Dom 1
Berliner Dom 1

Guess the building material...
Berliner Dom 2Berliner Dom 2
Berliner Dom 2

Guess the building material...
Chess SetChess Set
Chess Set

The climax of the trip so far...


20th April 2007

Which was the real Zac?
Wow! Lego land!!! Your pictures looked like so much fun! Chas says not to worry about competing for the blog entries, as he is stuck behind a computer 9 hours a day (except when he has dysentery!). We hope you are not too much longer in the forest, wouldn't want you to get taken out by the boars! Remember not to run into a kitchen/garden shed/location of sharp, disemboweling tools either!
21st April 2007

Wow, a full size model of Zac made out of lego! So much more portable and generally less offensive. Kat wants to know do they have lego hair? Sounds like you guys are making a good fist of what must be a very tough time for you both. Party on Tristan, Sal, Kat and Steeeeve.
21st April 2007

Lego hair
Yes, there is lego hair! Unfortunately it all starts to break off when you start headbanging. But it attaches and unattaches so easily from the navel, it makes it even easier to scare the neighbours.

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb