UFO's


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
December 19th 2007
Published: December 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Andrea was driving home on the Autobahn after work when she was passed by an “Unidentified Flying Object.” She was in the right hand lane doing about 70 mph. Not fast by Autobahn standards, but she was still passing the occasional car.

Remember that the recommended speed on the Autobahn is 130km/hr (about 85 mph), although on a clear day and still early enough for sunshine, each driver may choose to go as fast as he wants.

In the rearview mirror she saw a car approaching in the passing lane…and quickly! As it passed her, it made a “VROOM!” sound, second only to that of a NASCAR racecar.

She watched the blur as it sped by unable to see anything about it, other than it was a black sportscar with a spoiler and a circular decal on the trunk. The car had to be going at least 120mph, probably more. A great reason to obey the law and stay right other than to pass! And when passing, check your mirrors twice because sometimes there’s no one coming the first time, but the second time you look someone is bearing down on you!!!

For a country of people concerned with recycling and conserving, they sure do burn a ton of gas on the Autobahns!!


Advertisement



21st January 2008

The European Cars
Hi Andrea and Romas, you have got an very interessting blog. It is like seeing my homecountry through different eyes. You are very good observer and it helps to find out more about myself and my obsessions(The Supermarket thing makes me laugh out loud ect.). Even if you are right in most cases, you are wrong in this one. European Cars do not burn as much fuel as americans do, so we can travel faster and burn much less fuel and CO2 emmission. Speed for inviroment ;-)

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb