Our Temporary Living Arrangements


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
November 7th 2007
Published: November 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Temporary being the key word!! Now we know exactly what it means when the government gives the building contract to the "lowest bidder". We're living in it!!!


All in all, it's not a bad place. We have 3 bedrooms, we're right next to both the elementary school and the grocery store and we can walk to the other post with the PX, cafe, and post office.

Right now we're just getting everything organized, looking for housing and studying for a killer European driving test! Hopefully we'll be able to move out in a few weeks into our own place!!

Oh, we walked to Ledward today with Inmate and on the way we passed a small, timid German Shephard puppy. Inmate growled at the poor thing and stared him down. Well, not even 10 minutes later, while walking through the gates of Ledward a military German Shephard snarled and lunged at Inmate!! The handler caught him in time and our brave Inmate, looking sheepish, kept his eyes down and slowly continued walking!! What a wimp!!!

Until we find more permanent housing, we may not be the best at internet communications. We're 'borrowing' a wireless signal and the only place we get any signal is on the windowsill above the kitchen counter!! It's awkward and not always reliable. Our set-up is hilarious!!

This week is for getting accustomed to our new city, some exploring, and finding a place to live. We'll keep you posted!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

More of the bathroomMore of the bathroom
More of the bathroom

Bonus points for knowing how to flush...
Night Stalker...Night Stalker...
Night Stalker...

he's always watching...
View from our apartment View from our apartment
View from our apartment

It's not raining??!!?


Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb