On the Romantic Road to Rothenburg


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2023
Edit Blog Post

On a beautiful Sunday morning we headed along the Romantic Road to the walled city of Rothenburg. This is perhaps my favorite German city having visited here in the past. When we arrived early enough that many streets were still deserted. We walked as a group to the market square before heading off on our own. We headed off to some favorite spots including the Plönlein where you can view two gates into the city. We walked the streets, ducked down an alley for a different view of the area and spent some time viewing the art in St. Jacob's Church including paintings from the 1600's and the Blood Altar.

We were in Rothenburg for lunch and since we were not partaking of the dinner in Munich this evening, we decided to get a nice lunch. We wanted to try the white asparagus which is usually served with boiled potatoes and we added some ham. It was delicious. We were able to watch the clock chime on the Council Drinking Room, now the visitor information center while we ate lunch.

As always I am fascinated by the metal shop signs that dot the walls of the city.

After gathering again with our group, we headed to Munich for our night's lodging. Since we chose not do go to the dinner in Munich, we walked across the street and grabbed a pizza for dinner.

Tomorrow we will tour Munich before continuing on to Oberammergau and Füssen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb