A piece of Passau


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Passau
July 24th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.5735, 13.4639

Another night and a new town to wake up to in the morning. Passau is known as the City of 3 rivers as it lies at the confluence of the Danube, the Inn and the Ilz rivers. This unfortunately makes it prone to flooding as a lot of water comes down from the Alps.The town is a nice medieval place to walk around with a lovely old Pharmacy which is still in operation and several breweries making the renowned Bavarian beer. Our walk around the old town ended at St.Stephans Cathedral where we were treated to an organ recital. Fortunately it only lasted half an hour and most people thought the music was pretty turgid! The church however is very beautiful.

There are several places to visit such as the old Fortress on the hill and a glass museum. However on these trips you only tend to get a flavour of the place. The guides are all very good and point out buildings and features which you may easily miss if you just walk round on your own. We are each carrying a little ear-piece so that we can hear the guide even if she is several yards in front which is a huge advantage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb