BMW European Delivery - Day One


Advertisement
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
February 14th 2015
Published: March 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I had been waiting for the chance to do another BMW European Delivery about a month after our first BMW arrived in the USA. I had over two years to research and plan this. BMW Financial Services started reminding me that the lease on our 2012 BMW 128i was coming to an end almost 6 months before the actual expiration. I tried working with a number of local dealerships but none were willing to work ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Maybe the Most Snow We Saw Anywhere in GermanyMaybe the Most Snow We Saw Anywhere in Germany
Maybe the Most Snow We Saw Anywhere in Germany

And it was all on the shady side of the Welt. We were extremely lucky with fantastic February weather this time. Alas, the nice temperatures seemed to force many out of their homes and into their cars. We had to deal with a number of traffic tie-ups.
Missed Him By One DayMissed Him By One Day
Missed Him By One Day

One of the guys I was advising on Bimmerfest was from the Philadelphia area. He picked his car up the day before. Needless to say, his was a much more expensive model.
Ready to Start the 1300 Mile TripReady to Start the 1300 Mile Trip
Ready to Start the 1300 Mile Trip

This was the cleanest this car would be until the final night when we got her washed. It took me three tries to move the car from Park into Reverse. And even more to get the electronic transmission into Drive. But I figured out the Eco-Pro mode pretty quickly - way better gas mileage but far less torque. We averaged just under 25 mpg for the trip. Not disappointed.
Better than German CoffeeBetter than German Coffee
Better than German Coffee

Even though it was Austrian-made our German-style Hefeweizen was a welcome thirts quencher and the perfect start to a great dinner. Once again in my excitement and hunger I forget to take pictures.
The Way It WasThe Way It Was
The Way It Was

Oddly enough Salzburg still looks the same today. On this trip we never got to see her in daylight, Planning our trip to avoid possible snowstorms I didn't let us tarry too long near the Alps.
No Icing Skating RinkNo Icing Skating Rink
No Icing Skating Rink

Usually when we visit Salzburg in Winter it's around Christmas. This square is normally bustling with people hanging around the outdoor Glühwein stand and ice skating rink set-up here. If we saw more than three people on our post-dinner walk, I'd be surprised.
Off Limits SalzburgOff Limits Salzburg
Off Limits Salzburg

In most other cities in the World one might feel a little nervous walking through darkened streets back to the huge cave parking lot but in Austria/Germany we never think about crime. Unlike our 2013 Christmas trip this time we did have to pay for parking.



7th March 2015

Great to see you in Europe again...
and buying a new BMW. I followed your travels last time and look forward to doing so again. We previously picked up a Volvo in Goteborg, and your experience with BMW is inspiring me to do the same someday.
7th March 2015

do it!
I considered the Volvo Euro delivery and checked with Audi as well. Nobody does it like BMW. Royal treatment and the car is wonderful. Now I have to endure the 6 to 8 weeks of waiting until the car hits the US.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb