In Munchen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 10th 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The GlochThe GlochThe Gloch

Most disappointing tourist attraction in Munich. A Must See!
When we got to munich the hostel was right across from the train station, and we arrived just in time to watch the end of the world cup game. The bar in the hostel was hopping, and beer was cheap and flowing. I took some pics too of peoples reactions. The party in the streets was intense too, with people going crazy and waving flags, honking, no flashing though. Renata wanted boobies.

We met a young couple from Minnesota in our room, and also some people from South Korea. In the lobby we found a brochure for the New Munich walking tours. Free Tour? I'm in! We decided to go on the tour the next day, since it was stopping by right in the lobby.

Next morning we took the tour, which was actually really awesome. We walked all over, they gave us a good history of the city, and it lasted about 3 or 4 hours. We tipped a 5 each and it was worth it. They run a pub crawl too, but since Renata doesn't drink the "all you can drink shots" part of the pub crawl didn't appeal to her much.

Although we missed it,
Munich LionsMunich LionsMunich Lions

These things are everywhere in Munich.
that night was "Blade Night". It's basically a giant group rollerblade through the streets, all invited. The couple from Minnesota showed us a video they took - seems they were walking down the street when hundreds of people ripped around the corner on rollerblades! Needless to say it's a bit surprising to the uninitiated.

Conclusion: Munich? I'll be back!



European Impressions, by Jack Handy:
Everyone under 30 in Croatia wears a fanny pack, slung over their shoulder like a purse. Its weird. We hope this trend doesnt come to Canada anytime soon.

Dogs dont need leashes, so often times random dogs just run by you. Its fun. We wrote a song about it called Random Dogs. Check itunes.

I never ate pizza so much in my life.

/end impressions

Not sure what were doing tonight but tomorrow were heading to Berlin. Hoping to find Mikas apartment building and explain that it was all a mistake! see you soon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Beer HallBeer Hall
Beer Hall

A traditional Munich beer hall
Hmm?Hmm?
Hmm?

Department store in Germany. If these weren't over €150 we'd have bought them.
ChildrenChildren
Children

Some kids celebrate Italy's win
BratwurstBratwurst
Bratwurst

The lady who sold these made fun of me for wanting extra Sauerkraut.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb