Lazy Day - But Productive


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 9th 2012
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we decided that after all of our city hopping we would have a nice quiet day in Munich. We had a leisurely breakfast at the hostel followed by a brief walk in der nahe. We found the grocery store, it is just at the end of the street, which is really convenient. We picked up lunch and came back to the hostel to get our dirty clothes and do some much needed laundry.

By sheer luck and coincidence our hostel actually have laundry facilities down in the basement. That was nice since then we didn’t need to worry about a) finding a laundry mat and b) dragging our clothes there. We got downstairs and the machine where you could buy soap was empty so we started reading the instructions that were posted. It was fairly easy to understand although there was some guess work as to what exactly the settings meant. Just as we were getting set to go up and ask about soap the guy brought some into the laundry room, perfect timing. We watched movies while our clothes were getting all nice and clean. They also had dryers (which over in Europe is not a given) so we threw the clothes in there as well. The dryer worked well, there were a few clothes that were still a bit damp, and if I were at home I would throw the cycle on for a few more minutes, but here that would require more money so we just hung the few damp items up in our room.

After a bit of a siesta we went back out to the grocery store and for a little walk. We stopped in Rossmans (a pharmacy, shopper’s drugmart type store) and we got some face masks. We also stopped at the grocery store to pick up food for dinner and a lunch for tomorrow. Tonight after dinner we had a bit of a spa night with our facials. Tomorrow we are planning to go to Dachau, the concentration camp near Munich.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb