On the road to Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 3rd 2006
Published: July 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Is has been pointed out to us that in the time leading up to our last update it did not seem that we had been in any trouble. We shall try and rectify this in the near future.

From Vouziers we headed to the next town that would let us come in and watch the Football (France vs Spain.) We found a little country pub with a few young guys in it and a 9% beer on special for €2 a bottle. Score. This pub included a free round after France won and all.

Onto Cologne. Old Church. Pizza next to the Mighty Rhine. And on to Hamburg.

Quarter final match was well... a quarter final match in the world cup finals. Nuff said. Would have been better if Australia had been there.

The next morning we dropped Dianna & Martin off at Lübeck Airport and commenced our 350km round trip to Denmark. The Mission: To pick up 6 Kilos of Gas. (Never thought in all seriousness I would be embarking on that mission.) To Explain: Whilst in Brussels our gas bottle ran out and after trying many places throughout Belgium, France and then Germany, we ended up at an Gas supplier in cologne who told us that it was impossible to get Swedish bottles refilled in Germany. Germany has differnt size bottles and differnt connections. Hence the trip to Scandinavia for Gas. We knew that Denmark had the same size bottles but on arriving at 1800 sat evening found that they are also a different connection, with no hardware stores open till Monday so we could change the connection on the car we headed for Nürnberg.

It wasn't till our 4th crossing into Germany that we finally heard the line "I am a German Policeman, I want to see your passports." Thankfully this time I had one.

The FIFA Fanfest at Nürnberg was on the Luitpoldhain and so we tried to get in there but alas, a concert was on (against FIFAs promise.) On to Munich.

Right now we sit in Munich preparing for a big afternoon in the Beerhalls, sorry, I dont think I quite Emphasised "BIG."

My number form Netherlands is still receiving SMS but the credit has run out and bugger going all the way back to the Netherlands to top up, only to pay €1.10 to send a message from Germany.

Matt now has a number in Germany. It is +49 160 92 855 769.

Oh, and photos are on the way.

Kane.

Advertisement



5th July 2006

having a good time
Good to hear you are having a good time. Some postcards would be nice but I guess you are too busy to find somewhere to post them as I guess you cant post letters in pubs. Not much happening here so take care and have fun.
12th July 2006

bp
kane today is 12th july got your postcard today everybody loved it. just finished reading ya journal sounds like you are having fun, hope to see you soon
14th July 2006

Morning
Hey, good to hear you are having fun, it's so bloody cold you wouldn't wan't to be here anyway. I can't believe you ate pizza by the Rhine. Arseholes.

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb