The Oktoberfest Madness


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
October 6th 2011
Published: January 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The next morning had us on a 50 mile hike to the bus terminal (which turned out to be around the corner from where we started), but then it was on to Munich …. Again :-)

Once in Munich, it was a quick costume change (combined with stories of space dodging) then to the halls.

We got there later than the camping crew so there was a bit of catch up to be done, and I actually ran into Tom there which was good. After we’d had a bit of a skin full a group of us went to do the rides and fun house which was excellent fun (it’s the fun house with the glasses, give it a go after a few steins :-) ). <span> On the way home that night I ran into the Irish boys from Berlin which was really random, and good to see them again.

Unfortunately, I was wearing thongs and some bone head dropped a full stein on my little toe, breaking it (I think), it was black for 3 days, so a note to anyone heading to the halls, sensible footwear.

Oktoberfest, day 2, and the Fanatics were going on a bike ride that morning, but I went straight to the halls to catch up with Nick, Brett & Cookie form the Contiki tour. First stein was at 10:30am, after 4 steins I asked a wench for a pen to draw the stein count on my arm (it’s a Fanatics thing) and she actually drew 4 little stein pictures, really cool :-). It was a great morning of drinking and singing, I tried the pork knuckle which was amazing, had some sniffing tobacco which was terrible, took a breath test which was expensive, and in the end Tom showed up which was awesome. Great morning. In the afternoon I decided to re-join the Fanatics crew as I was really coming to like those guys. So I found them and had like 1 or 2 steins, then went for a cigarette and when I came back I couldn’t find them anywhere (note: they didn’t actually go anywhere). So after wandering aimlessly from beer hall to beer hall (I swear I must have checked all of them) I gave up and went back to the lads, who by this stage were standing on the table singing. So a few more steins and a few falls off the table I figured I was done for the night.

Oktoberfest is the most epic party I have ever been involved in. I was there for 2 nights but could have easily stayed a week. The beer was really good, the atmosphere was incredible and everyone was friendly. I can’t wait to do it again sometime, this festival should be on everyone’s bucket list, it really is indescribable.

Keywords for Munich:

Space dodging

Does anyone know the words

The porn container at the festival

Wanna come for a passive

The exploding suitcase

The monkeys

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb