What a good day to lose your gloves


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
February 13th 2009
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

well after spending way too much time on the internet last night, i stopped into mcdonalds to trz out this bacon rosti burger i keep seeing advertisements for. itw as actuallz reallz good. quarter pounder patty with some yellow sauce, bacon and a hashbrown pattz on a cheese and bacon bun. yum! and sitting in a warm place, with a free toilet = good times! haha

so finallz it was 1000 so i headed up to the train station to chill out before mz train. i got a litlte cold when i got there so i went to put on mz gloves... but no gloves. lost them somewhere. bummer!! i went back into town, to mcds and the internet place but couldn't find them anywhere. so of course i get back to the train station and all the inside parts are closed! i was rotted. i had to sit outside, in -3 and flurries for an hour until the train came. i was going to hang out in teh locker room where i had stored my bag for the day but two homeless guys were camped out in there so i made a quick escape after getting the bag.

ljubljana was a nice city but i'm glad i just made a day out of it. not a whole lot to do, but pretty, lots of people watching, but too cold to sit around and do nothing and my legs start to go funny after 20 miles in a day!

so i get on the train, which conveniently stopped with my car right in front of me. the guz working didn't want to bother the people alreadz sleeping in mz compartment (6 beds per compartment - the cheapest ones that aren't just airline type seats of course) so he gave me my own. was nice to lock the door, draw the curtains and fall asleep. except it was about 600 degrees in there and i didn't sleep very well because i was afraid i'd fall out of the bed. it was pretty narrow.

so the guy knocks on my door at 545 so i can get myself together for our 610 arrival. luckily the hostel is practically across teh street from the hauptbanhof (train station), so i found it no trouble in the dark. of course i can't get my bed until 200 so i head back out to do a quick walk around town. but the hostel is HUGE, called wombats. very busy. but they have a cool hangout room so i went in there and slung off in a hammock for a few hours reading up on what to do in munich.

then i headed off to the deutsche museum. its a huge, adn i mean HUGE museum, with histories on prettz much everzthing man ever made. planes, trains, paper, bridges, metal, engines, boats, textiles, farming etc etc. i was there about 4 hours but then got a little museumed out so i figured that was good.

had a chicken (or something like that) sandwich with olives, peppers, cheese, lettuce, cucumber for lunch with a coke. for supper i had a mystery meat sandwich with mustard. both delicious, and both meals under 5 bucks. go me! this city is expensive. i saw a 75 000$ car at the rolls royce dealership. wonder if i could get my line of credit upped for that one

other than that i just walked around and soaked up the sights. lots of old buildings, churches. the main square is called marienplatz and there are lots of pedestrian streets going around all over the place there. roamed, took lots of pictures. also went to the train station and booked my ticket to italy for sunday morning. now i just need to find a place to stay. its carneval in venice starting today and things are booked solid so it seems. i've emailed a couple of places about a half hour away, hopefullz something comes up. i did find a nice 5 star hotel for onlz $433US a night... yikes.

Heading out to Dachau tomorrow to see the concentration camp and then some last minute sights in Munich. train leaves sundaz morning 930, arrives around 400. went to the bookstore which had a great selection of english books and got a few to get me through. reading like crazy now that i'm solo, not much else tod o with down time. altho i did get a free drink when i checked in here at the hostel so i'll go get that now and see if theres anyone here over the age of 18 to chat with. they're all children i can't believe it! my mother would have a stroke if i came here at 18 with all my friends. haha i bet her blood pressures up a little as it is!

oh right the hostel is verz modern too. you get a key card which gets you into the hostel, into your room, and the lockers use it too - push the botton in with your card and it locks, then push again with the card and it opens. very smart. i'm in a 6 bed room, but 2 beds are empty. hopefully i'm not with a rowdy bunch. but the sounds coming frmo teh bar right now aren't too promising.

until tomorrow

Advertisement



19th February 2009

Museum
I bet I could have spent all day in that museum! Love them!

Tot: 0.486s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb