He must think I have a life insurance policy


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 9th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Hanggliding with Bernie and Leslie 131 secs
A hang gliding adventure one day after the engagment? Coincidence?

John decided that it would be an awesome idea to jump off the side of the mountain and I was going whether I liked it or not. So promptly at 9 AM our guides who were two 30ish year old stoners, Bernie and Dido, arrived at our hotel in a VW van. We did have a slight delay before loading in the van since Bernie and Dido had to remove the several cases of empty beer bottles strewn about the vehicle from a party the night before. But they did assure us that they had each had one additional beer that morning, so there was no hangover and thus nothing to worry about......... right.

Needless to say, we both survived and it was really cool seeing the mountains and lakes from that vantage point. Its hard to tell you how cool it was, so we actually had pictures taken in flight and a short movie, so check it out...

Weve been in Munich for a couple of days now and weve been to the typical tourist spots like the Hofbrewhause and done a couple of history type tours, including Dachau concentration camp.

Tomorrow, well be headed to Austria for the Sound of Music tour, which is what Ive been waiting my whole life to do! John is equally as pumped (sort of).

Thanks for everyones comments and all the congratulations! We miss you all.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



9th July 2008

:)
What an amazing trip you guys! Leslie, i'm glad you survived the hang gliding. I love that you had a video made! Did you leave your ring on the ground just in case?? Ha :)
10th July 2008

Absolutely wild
I can't believe that you went hang gliding. Are you insane?
11th July 2008

How freaking fun!!! It feels like we're there with you! BTW...it's a fanny pack. ;)
13th July 2008

Last leg
You're on the last leg of your most amazing journey. What a memorable trip you've had! Please try and bring back the secret recipe to make good spaghetti sauce. I can't seem to make it and we've got Italian blood. It's only like your 5th great grandfather !!! See you soon. Love Mom and Dad

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb