Best 6 Euros Yet


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
June 5th 2008
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So far the best €6 I have spent was today on the tour at BMW. Went through their production facilties, seeing how things on 3 series cars progress from the start when steel is delivered as rolls, through different stages, finishing with testing the car on the dyno. Took a couple of hours and the guide was pretty funny, with a dry sense of humour and Austrian accent. Well worth the money. Checked out the Olympic sie was I was out there, pretty ordinary stadium by today's standards, didnt bother with the tower as it was a bit cloudy and the view wouldve been crap.

Didnt get up to much else today, things were closed by then. Had dinner at the Augustiner beer hall near Marienplatz (the Hofbrau was full of tourists), talking to some American girls also having dinner. They went out to Neushwanstein today, said it wasn't raining out there at all, and the lines were non-existent, so will have to get out there tomorrow I think.

Third Reich & Dachau camp tours yesterday were alright but nothing special. Fell asleep several times during the video session at Dachau, it just didnt have any effect on me *shrug*. I think I know all I ever will about Hitler coming to power.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb