Day five


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
February 29th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In which we discover that german keyboards are almost but not quite the same as the rest of the English speaking world! Not that surprising really given that ....
The overwhelming impression that I will take from Japan is one of crowded drabness and sparkling efficiency mingled with a compelling need to document everything, twice. Also there are little annoyances that impress more on a short stay than they might on a longer visit. For example I take it as a given that if you wanted to go up hill wearing skis you'd do Nordic not alpine so please tell me why there is an up hill walk to get to the start of every lift and another climb once you get off the thing?
But amid all the pachinko glitter there is that drabness, with the occasional bright pink "look at me" house.
Today was a travel day Uneo to Tokyo connect to the Narita express check in at Lufthansa wait three hours to fly for twelve to wait for a train to Ostbahnhof and then ghange to the train to Hauptbahnhof and a walk to the hostel, 39 Euro and worth a lot more (pics soon)
Now I´m off to track down the two perenials, a bank that takes my cards and some vittles!

And then to bed....

Decided to eat across the road from the Hostel, wood fired pizza and German weisbier served by a surly waiter who's colleague was even more dour! Wilcommen am Munchen! The water refused to serve me another beer until he had cleared some empty tables, presumably to get ready for the rush! The bill was 14 euro to little to pay with plastic it turned out so I paid cash and fought off the urge to leave a tip!

And now to bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb