The reconstruction


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
October 24th 2005
Published: October 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Oh heaven a new man again after my shower on Vienna we headed to the ticket office again to book a bed (same configuration) a head towards Munich,Germany again we adapt (still don't speak a word of german) to the language and we arrived to Munich starving, I had not eat a thing, only a cup of coffee the prior day the change between vienna and Munich was a complete change the train station seem like and airport modern ,neat all the facilities, we arrive very early in the morning luckly there was a mini super just out the station so we get a very good breakfast (ironic) a Milkshake and cupcakes so we began to walk to know the city the firs impression was a very new city very part of the city look new and very very clean, after the war the reconstruction and rise of the German society and economy was incredible and I've just testify it.

As a funny story suddenly a homeless approach to us (strange to saw a homeless) whispering some words in german (of course asking for some deustch marks) I remembered sayin to him a phrase I've learned in german "sprachen deutsch nicht" hopefully I was saying, "I don't speak german" and these guy answer to me "Don't worry mate I speak english" do you believe it, this guy made me laugh so much.

We was walking around the city with no path, saw a Siemens complex (very nice) and then we headed by subway to the historc part of the city is important to make a reference of the public transport of Vienna and Munich clean, efficient and one thing that guys in Mexico City, any subway or suburban train in France, USA, UK will notice, not barriers on the entrance of any public transport nobody ask you for a ticket all is based on honor system (of course caught without a ticket will cost you a lot on fines). So we arrived to Marienplatz a Cathedral that looke smokey and wrecked this on porpuse since is a reminder for the germans of the horror that the war caused. there was a nice plaza and a very curious and almost one of the symbols of Munich a Clock that have this funny artesanal figures animated, if you're an horlogerly fan the mechanis of this clock will amaze you.

Other strange fact is continuing with our only big meal we found a Burger King, we asked for ketchup, and they charge it (strange if you're used to go to any of these establishments in northamerica not bad not good only interesting).

Of course one thing we could not let pass is drink a beer in one park where the Oktoberfest is celebrated these huge Tars give us some problems with much beer and an empty stomach. The another interesting spot we visited the Destches museum a museum dedicated to technology what a nice museum, some of the luftwaffe planes on exhibition (I'm a modeller and may favorite models are German army and airforce this was an amazing experience).

We went to a commercial corridor with very nice stores, bought myself an eau de toilette so it was time to leave Munich and my admiration to Germany,god I need a shower hopefully here we will find a cleaner shower.

Take the subway to the HauptBannhof (Central Station) and before writing the shower experience as in the other countries we visited the migration population that I saw was mainly from Turkey and this was an important quote since the shower owners on the station where from there. I can not believe how clean a public bathroom can be it taked the white color to a superior concept incredible the order, the neat installations wow (15 USD the shower, worth it) the organization was very nice, if you want to pee they charge you a little amount going to the next level a different amount and a shower including towel,soap and shampoo 15 bucks, everything automated. Being waiting for my turn to enter to the shower I have a story of why respect the country where you're is important in this case there were a couple of american kids which was easy for them jumping into the bathroom zone when they paid only for the pee zone, when the administrator in german asked for them to pay for the change of zone this guys instead of cooperate begin to behave cocky and very disrespectull with these guys, so he call the police, the German police very kindly ask to them (in English) to pay for the change of zone but these guys answer to them In america...... and they answer in all his right "Here Deustchland" yes that's right, remember you are in a country were you have to respect their laws and you'll be respected as a tourist these guys were arrested in these case were americans but bad tourist exists in every corner of the world.

Again clean and let's look something to eat..........


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb