Happy New Year!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
January 1st 2008
Published: January 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

December 31 - January 1
So we spent New Year's in Munich which was crazy. We brought mom and dad's stuff out to the airport and then my stuff out the hotel and spent some time there before braving the cold and the crowds. We gave in and had Burger King for dinner because we knew it would be open and we didn't need reservations. Then we went to Marianplatz where there was already a large crowd of people and fireworks being shot off. There were no rules governing the shooting off of the fireworks and they were being shot off from every point and in every direction. Some of them were being shot into the Rathaus. It was rather frightening and I had forgot that mom really didn't care for large crowds. The smoke was so thick when midnight struck that we could no longer see the Rathaus tower and the noise was so loud that we could not hear the bells ringing. It then took us 15 minutes to get to the S-bahn and the fireworks were still going off. It was a bit too crazy for me and something that I am not likely to repeat. I left mom and dad at one of the S-bahn stops and made it out to the hotel at about 1:20. I was up 6 hours later to grab a quick breakfast and get back into Munich to catch a train out to Celle to meet Inna and Alex.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb