European Journey


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 26th 2005
Published: September 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Munich: on Sunday with the crowds on their way to Octoberfest , yes it is still september..but the weather is good and maybe October comes early here...How we got here is another story..After our incredible luck in getting from Bad ´Gastein to Cos in a serious of hopping from one train to another, getting a flight out within two hours of the Munich airport.....we believed in the travel fairies to a farethewell....so the universe wanted us to be humble and respectful...thus the return flight, due to leave reasonably at 9 pm Cos time and get to Munich by 11 pm was delayed...It WAS READY TO LEAVE AT 11pm..but the Munich airport closes for part of the night and thus we had to wait until 3 am, partly at the first resort hotel we stayed at and for 4 hours at the crowded airport with five flights of excitable britons going home to manchester, and other parts where English is spoken but will an accent that made it a mystery language....Who once said: England and America are two great countries separated by a common language..seems Shavian or Wildean..then the 'airport hotel' turned out to be a 3o euro ride from the airport....we got in at 6am and left at 11am for the delightful Creative Hortel...The Elephant...right next to the Bahnhof...and very delightful.
No complaints...Eva's old freind. Gerda..fed us and this morning we saw Gaugan, Lautrec, Degas, Van Gogh at the 'Neu Pinatotek'...Munich really works as a city with transportation easy clean and fun....
Eva finished reading the correspondence between Lou Andrea Salome and Anna Freud....with respect for the long friendship between the two women in which Salome was a loving maternal force in Anna's life.....the originators ideas of boundaries were far from what was taught by the followers..lots of seeing other family members of patients, mingling of social and analytic life....And clear throughout that Anna was to be loyal and attached to her analyst..Herr Prof. Freud...
Coming in from the airport on the train, the ultimate station which is flashed on the announcement board is 'Dachau'...and on tv there was a two hour panel discussion about the life and work of S. Wiesenthal...taken seriously, in depth--in full honor...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb