Oktoberfest


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
October 1st 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post


Where to start? Saturday: Beth, Ross and Steph arrived at 7am Munich time and spent the day lounging in the Englischen Garten (big park) to try and stay awake and free of jet lag. Chris and Kathy arrived just about 5pm and we all had a wonderful German meal to cap off a long day of travel. Sleep felt very good after a very long day.

Sunday: Started the day off with a tour of the old city center. All the stores were closed, so it was just window shopping. Everybody had a good flavor for the city by the time we were done walking. After lunch we headed over to Wiesn (what the Germans call Oktoberfest) and were astounded how many people were there. The figure for Saturday attendance was 600,000 and Sunday must have been close to that. Massive crowds to say the least. We headed over to the Hippodrom tent where we made our table reservation. So glad we had that reservation or there is no way we would have ever found space at a table. Met up with Matthew and Mark (not the apostles, two of Ross’ old coworkers) and settled in for the fun. We were dancing, singing and celebrating the season with 10,000 of our closest friends. Once we had our fill we went over to the midway and rode the log flume before heading back to the hotel for another very welcome night of sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.048s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb