´Skipping flights and a man named Jamie


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
April 17th 2007
Published: April 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our morning went off without a hitch, we got on the plane in plenty of time, not really realizing yet that we were actually going to Europe. Courtney found out the hard way she gets motion sickness on long flights. We got off of our flight in NY, and ran across the airport, going back through security and making it to the gate, just in time to run onto the plane. We had the great idea of skipping our flight to Munich and taking the train to Paris. We got off the plane, requested our bags, and waited. And waited, and waited and waited. For three hours. We worked with a baggage man named Jamie who saved our lives. Searching out our bags, helping us find a train, and after seeing us try to nap on the benches of Heathrow, brought us bottles of water. He suggested that we go upstairs and try and exchange our Munich ticket for a Paris ticket. We went upstairs and talked to the gate agent who told us that not only could we NOT exchange our tickets, but that the rest of our ticket home was invalid because we skipped the Munich flight. To make a very, very long story short, I cried a ton and she booked us for free on the next flight to Munich. So here we are, ready to eat and VERY ready for our cochette on the train to Paris tonight!

Advertisement



18th April 2007

OH MY GOSH!!!
Beck, do you realize what could've happened? You could've been stranded!!! All because of a guy named JAMIE??? Never trust a man!!! I miss you!!!
19th April 2007

Women
I bet you ten dollars if it was me that was crying they just would have laughed and told me to go away. Good job though. Way to get out of a tight spot!

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb