Munich, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
February 4th 2007
Published: February 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A&O Hostel MunichA&O Hostel MunichA&O Hostel Munich

After drinking all day in Nuremberg and Munich, Little Boi takes a bath.
(June 22 through June 24 2006)

June 22
We left Nuremberg drunk and with heads low. The train ride was subdued, and were able to take a nap to rest up before we arrived into Munich. Our time in Munich was spent solely drinking beer. We walked from the station to our hostel, the A&O, and were able to beat the crowd that also had come from the Ghana-US game. Once there, we left our bags in our room, and headed to the lobby to get something to drink. After a few conversations with other fellow travelers, we were told that the upstairs bar wouldn't close until later, as the one in the lobby was closing.
Headed up there, and talked to the two cute bartender's one from Mexico and the other from Colombia, and met some wonderful characters. Ran into the group from Houston that was also at the game in Nuremberg, and discussed the game and other drunken conversations. Towards 3 am Little Boi decided to go take a bath, and after the bar closed, and having a heated discussion with Tron and other drunken fools as myself, we went to our room where we found Little Boi
Munich, GermanyMunich, GermanyMunich, Germany

Around the A&O Hostel
taking a bath in a hostel--I have no idea how clean it was. Tron got in a little trouble with the security guard, but all was fine.

June 23,
Noon rolls around, and still not feeling well, we are woken up by the cleaning lady, yelling, and mopping on top of our bags, we ignore it, and let her do her business. Feeling better after a few minutes we head out to get something to eat. We find a Mexican restaurant, and order a feast. We couldn't walk after that, and had to rest up. Already mid-afternoon, we head to the Fan Fest and check it out. A band is playing, not much excitement, and the atmosphere is very quiet. We walk up a hill, and are able to see the city. That was our only sightseeing adventure in Munich, thanks to our drinking and the feeling that the game in Nuremberg left us with.
We arrive back to our rooms around 6, and find three Canadians in our room, and try to figure out what they were doing. They had decided to party with the Scots next door, and we wanted to see the nightlife of Munich. Again
Munich, GermanyMunich, GermanyMunich, Germany

Fan Fest Munich
we headed to the upstairs bar, and got completely wasted, as we watched the night games. Heard some disgusting tales of red light districts in Mexico from the group from Houston. Right after midnight we head out with that group to see Munich. We stumble into a lively bar of older people, playing some classic rock and roll songs. We have a beer, but soon head out.
We finally stumble into a huge bar, with no doors, and walk in to get the gigantic 1L beer mugs, which gratefully, one of the other guys treats us to. Already drunk, this thing makes us feel great--I get a second. While there, a random person is drunk beyond anything, and is kicked out. We also meet Harvey, an Englishman who loves American football, and has traveled to the US just to see some games.
Around four we leave, get a bite to eat, and by five or six we get to the hostel.

June 24
At nine we are woken up by the Canadian girls who invite us to go with them to see Munich in bicycle, we can't even comprehend the idea. Right before check out, we get a knock
Munich, GermanyMunich, GermanyMunich, Germany

A view of the city
on the door, and we stumble to get our things. We walk the distance to the train station not feeling so great. We jump on the train to go to Trostberg, some 40 minutes away, to see another friend that my brother had met while in Portugal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Munich, GermanyMunich, Germany
Munich, Germany

Taking a rest


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 76; dbt: 0.112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb