What's 24 hours amongst family?


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
December 22nd 2006
Published: December 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ice SkatingIce SkatingIce Skating

Small Christmas market in Kensington
Ok. We’re back on our previously scheduled vacation. What an amazing adventure. As it turned out we missed the last train to Munich from Cologne last night, so we stayed in a “Euro” hotel there. What a beautiful little city. Check out the church that was right outside our door. We had our first authentic German meal at Frueh (Jerry tells me it means “new”). The food and beer was good. As soon as we sat down they plunked 4 beers down on the table. The boys agreed that their first beer tasted like dirty water. (Good.) I thought it tasted like beer, so I had some and then some more. Beer is good.

We caught our connection this morning at 6:45 and finally arrived in Munich at Noon. It was very pleasant looking at the frozen German countryside all the way here.

Back to London for a moment. The day before yesterday, before British Airways decided to ruin 2 million lives, we went to the London Museum of Natural History and Science at the London University in the heart of Kensington. It was a lot of fun. Lunch that day was at the Hoop and Toy a fine authentic English pub. Then we went across the street to the Albert & Victoria museum. It’s filled with art, musical instruments, rare glassworks and an entire floor of Maritime artifacts that I could have looked at all day.

Also in Kensington we ran into a small Christmas market and ice skating rink. Had hot mulled wine. I’m looking forward to more of these.

We found one in Munich today. Munich is spectacular. There is a long walking street that leads to the main square where the Christmas Market is. Hundreds of booths selling everything from home made ornaments to hot spiced wine and, of course, sausages. We walked for hours today and didn’t see it all. Since we missed a day here, we’re going to stay most of tomorrow to explore some more. Then, it’s off to Salzburg, Austria.

Thanks for checking in with us. I promise you’ll hear from Linda and the boys soon.

Ludwig



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Victoria & Albert MuseumVictoria & Albert Museum
Victoria & Albert Museum

Great old building as well as a great museum
How many holes?How many holes?
How many holes?

Stumbled across Royal Albert Hall walking back to the hotel.
CologneCologne
Cologne

Church in the square of Cologne, Germany
MunichMunich
Munich

Christmas Market


23rd December 2006

24 hours......
Depends.....are those people hours or dog hours? (man, you made we want a beer. so i'm having one with you) cheers! (pics are incredible)

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb