Munich rund um die Staat


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 27th 2018
Published: May 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we stayed inside the city to experience two really "specific to Munich" sites.

First we took the train to Nymphenburg Palace, just outside the city. We wanted to get some walking in and this really fit the bill. Nymphemburg was once summer place of the Wittelsbacher kings and queens when, I guess, it was simply too hot in downtown Munich. After all, it lies a great distance, 8km, from the city center. After taking the train to Rotekreutzplatz, Sophie and I felt like we walked another 8km to get to the palace. But, it is really a spectacular site to visit while in Munich. After living in Munich 4 years and visiting the palace many times, I continue to be amazed at the beauty of the place. We took a long walk around the grounds and then visited first the horse carriage museum, which included many gold covered carriages and horse harnesses. We also took a quick trip through the porcelain museum featuring Numphenburg Porcelain (mainly because it was included in the price of the first museum).

We then took the train back to Munich to walk through the English Garten and have dinner at the Chinese Tower bier garten. I warned Sophie about the nude sun bathing that was common along the Schwabisch Bach in the English Garten. She was very disappointed when she saw everyone fully clothed. The dinner was great and Sophie simply demolished a plate of German spare ribs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb