Castles!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Garmisch-Partenkirchen
November 2nd 2007
Published: November 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

At the beginning of the week I had two days off. I decided for one of the days to head to the Neuschwanstein castle, which is the one that Disney World modeled the Cinderella castle after. It was a beautiful day for the tour because it was sunny and warmer than it has been. The boys that I went with were a lot of fun too.
Well, we went with the tour with the hotel because employees can hop on for free if there are openings. So we got free transportation, and ended up getting free admission inside! The outside is 100 times more impressive than the inside because the castle actually was not completed. But the scenery around the castle is absolutely stunning. It's up on a hill so you can look out on the whole valley and are surrounded by other mountains.
After the tour we stopped for lunch and I had a delicious potato soup and a hot, spiced red wine called gluwine. Next we headed to this Church literally in the middle of nowhere. This "town" had the Church and maybe 5 little shops and cafes. But the inside of the Church was stunning. It was so random because we were just out in the country and then all of a sudden there was the gorgeous Church. And of course, the inside is amazing: lots of ornate carvings, sculptures, typcial European Catholic Church ornateness. It was a great day and I'm glad I finally made it to the castle.
This weekend I am working during the day/morning, and then I get off Monday afternoon and will be packing for Barcelona on Tuesday! The concert will be the night of the 8th, and then we're coming back really early on the 9th. We might make a night of it on the 8th and just join typical Spanish night life, and stay up till our flight!
I will be uploading more pictures soon, especially from the castle!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

We feel like we're at Disney World-- but it's the real thing!


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb