Garmisch and Kim


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Garmisch-Partenkirchen
June 18th 2007
Published: June 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke early to catch the 10:30 train to Garmisch. The train ride was really beautiful and skirted around the german alps to eventually arrive in Garmisch right near the tallest mountain in Germany. We both immeadiately commented on how beautiful Garmisch is, mountains surround the villages and the houses are a cool bavarian austrian style. We met kim at the station and it was awesome seeing her again after almost a year since the last time. Kim showed us to the tourist center where we found a sweet little bed and breakfast for 20 euro a night. The owners were an older german couple that spoke very little english but were very friendly and helpful. We dropped our stuff there and walked all over the city eating some nice food at a little cafeteria. After walking some more we had a few drinks and talked a bit about life and things in minneapolis etc.. Later we headed to a pizza place called cheap pizza I think?? and met a bunch of kims friends that she had met through work. Everyone got a bit drunk and had some yummy food. Kim had to leave relatively early because she had work the next morning at 6:30 so Aaron and I stayed with the other girls and later went to another bar for a few more drinks. The night turned out to be really fun until later before I was going to sleep, I realized that I had broken the LCD on my camera somehow and it was basically useless (no viewfinder). I was extremely pissed but decided I would manage by sharing my brothers camera for the rest of the trip rather than buying a new one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



3rd July 2007

The place is actually called Peaches, but on Monday nights it's "cheap pizza" cause all the pizza's 1/2 off.

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb