Garmisch-Partenkirchen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Garmisch-Partenkirchen
September 10th 2018
Published: September 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today was a travelling day from Passau to Gamisch-Partenkirchen or GaPa so we were up early to drag our bags a kilometre away over very bumpy paved streets. How the wheels don't fall off the bags is beyond me. Our 9am train was a regional train to Munich then a change to GaPa. Using a Bavarian Ticket is really cheap but you cannot use the fast trains so we had "Little Toot" which tooted incessantly until we got beyond Muhldorf and he stopped, got a wriggle on and raced into Munich. Our train to GaPa was much quieter and stopped at all the tourist spots along the way. I hadn't realised that the area had so many lovely lakes so we'll be doing a bit of back tracking to check out one of the lakes and Oberammergau (of the Passion Play).

I should mention also that I couldn't get over the hectares and hectares of solar panels to be see along the railway. Maybe the farmers get more from leasing their land to an electrical company than farming it.

As usual, the Tooles stomped their way through the streets dragging bags to the next abode when a taxi would have been more sensible. BUT, REMEMBER, this is a TTATs tour! It was a glorious day, lovely and sunny (25) and the mountains were out all around. We found our apartment down a very neat street in a quiet area, 3 blocks from the station. The apartment is upstairs, has a sunny deck back and front, views all around, and all the usual space. Very nice.

Noteworthy today was our grocery shopping at Lidal. My gosh, are we ever being ripped off at home. Things are so cheap here and we pay so much more for stuff we produce. Linds bought his favourite Weiss Bier for 50c (NZ) a 500ml bottle! The rest I'll quote in Euros. Pottle yoghurt 25c. 200gm brie cheese 1.19, 50 bags Ceylon Tea .75, 6 eggs .99, bottle Montepulciano wine 2.19, and so on. I'm not sure if they pay tax on it, but there didn't appear to be any. So, feeding ourselves for the week shouldn't cost much.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb