The farm days are over, the farm days have gone


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Achslach
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

guten tag,

Currently sitting in a very warm kitchen and using our 2 hours off to try and plan France, its one week today until we get the over night train to Paris and techincally once we get there we have nowhere to go, so need to get our bums into gear and do some serious planning. I remember when we were at home and planning Austria and Germany and it felt like we had forever planned and organised but the time has flown, we were in our front room with the maps, post it notes, laptops and coffee for hours, getting excited and counting down the days until January 7th.

The annoying thing is that the only place we can get wi-fi connection is in the kitchen but when we come down here to use the laptop i kinda get stuck with the babies, the bottle making facilities are here and so is babies playpen and bouncers and nappy changing mat so its convinient when we are down here to just ask us to 'watch them' and they can go off and do other things around the house and around the farm. I have no problem with helping, twins are hard work and thats without 20 horses, 20 chickens, 4 cats, a dog and 40 cows but we get very limited time off so would be nice to be able to send some emails and book some hostels without having to make a bottle or hold a baby.

Our farm days are nearly over, on friday we would have been travelling 9 weeks! and worked on 3 very different farms, its been interesting and quite fun to be honest, admitidly nobody would wanna spend their days scopping horse poo and emptying wheelbarrows and wheelbarrows full and nobody would choose to be outside very early in minus 20 conditions feeding goats....3 piairs of thick gloves should be enough for you to be able to feel your fingers but no! but have loved exploring new places and riding horses and meeting people and listening to their stories, have enjoyed trying many many new foods and learning how to make them and getting to know the animals personalities.

I am not yet used to my stupid rucksack, im sure someone told me i would 'bond' with it as its all i have! ..they were wrong! its heavy and hurts me and i hate it! and i also hate packing it every couple of weeks...the most boring, annoying task ever, trying to make everything fit and stressing when i find that i have forgotten about 100 things!

I wanna host a bavarian party when we are back and settled! music, food, german beer! and so everyone can have a little taste of our last 6 weeks, i have wrote some recipes down aswell! just wish i could bring some of the people back too, that would be so cool.



hope ur all well, everyone seems quiet lately!

7 days until France...getting closer to home x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb