Mike Harker’s flight from Tegelberg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Weinstadt
June 7th 2010
Published: June 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mike HarkerMike HarkerMike Harker

... before his flight from Tegelberg. He seems to be looking forward to it. (Photo: Mike Harker)
As you might recall, Mike Harker flew from Tegelberg last month. He said it was going to be his last flight. He sent me two pictures, one that shows him when getting ready for launch, and one that shows him in the air with the Seedwings Space.

There was a little documentary on that last flight on German TV, nice one. Have a look here. Go to the bottom of the screen and click on "Sport Aus Aller Welt" and then in the time line to about half way. His flight flim is the last minute of the broadcast.

There is also an interview with him and a report on his flight from Zugspitze in 1973 and his bad accident in 1977 here. The report was released during the Worlds at Tegelberg, when on3-südwild was there to broadcast the show from there for a week.

I’m currently in Stuttgart, will be on my way back to Hamburg tomorrow morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Mike Harker in the airMike Harker in the air
Mike Harker in the air

... right after taking off from the east ramp on Tegelberg. (Photo: Mike Harker)


21st June 2019

my pal Mike Harker
I grew up with Mike from the age of 13 yrs until we were both drafted into the United States Army in 1967,....when he died I was waiting for him to come to the boat show for Hunter Sail Boats, at the San Francisco convention center, we were going to spend some time up in Lake Aroowhead with some of the other guy's we grew up with.
21st June 2019

Re: my pal Mike Harker
Wow, so you guys were really old friends. It was such a pleasure to meet him. Not only because he was one of the great heroes of hang gliding and because of his willpower and strength after the accident. Also because of his kindness. Great that you guys stayed in touch all the time.

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 32; dbt: 0.1002s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb