I heart kraut...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Ulm
December 9th 2007
Published: December 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Geese... uncookedGeese... uncookedGeese... uncooked

Geese in Sofflingen
Okay... I don't have any photos to go along with this blog... alas I am not wanting to be a complete Japanese tourist and take my camera everywhere... I will work on that though.

Last Tuesday Warren and I were invited by his friend Ann-maree (whose name I can't spell obviously, thus I shall refer to her by her pseudonym Rosie) to be guests on her radio show - she runs a show every fortnight called 'Oz it Up!' on Ulm Free Radio (a radio station that has no endorsement advertising at all - pretty cool).

It was pretty fun, we played form Architecture in Helsinki, talked politics a little bit, discussed Missy Higgins' sexuality... as EVERYONE is doing nowadays. I may go back in two weeks... if I do, I'll let you all know as you can get the show live on internet radio.

Rosie is also an English teacher with Warren, she comes from Sydney. The radio station is in this big building with gorgeous flooring throughout, and there seemed to be like a dance space underneath - it was cool. On the street outside all the christmas lights were up, it was pretty.

On Friday night, after our visit to Sofflingen, we went out to Warren's Christmas party for one of his places of work... Rosie was there and seemed to be in charge of making Warren and I as drunk as possible... it worked pretty well. Earlier that day in Sofflingen, 2 geese had come out of the water and followed us along the path for like 20 metres just quacking away (they only went away when 2 dogs come along)... and on the menu at the party - goose! It was really good! and we had potato dumplings and blue kraut - which is just so good, you all have no idea!

So after the party I was dragged along with Rosie and another teacher Cat and her husband Alex to a 007-themed birthday party for a friend of theirs. The way they described it, I was thinking it was gonna be at a pub, so I wasn't too worried about not only not being in costume, but also looking a bit like crap (if it had been a 'come as Evan from Superbad' party, I would have been set), however, it was not at a pub, it was at like a function centre and everyone, I mean EVERYONE is dressed in tuxedos, and dresses, and there I am - a total ring-in, dressed like a hobo...

ah well, at least I was drunk. OOH ooh! AND Alex drove me into the city IN HIS MINI COOPER S!!! Too freaking sweet man, I have never been in one, it was too cool. oh and then later I got to ride in Cat's Smart car... also v cool.

Later on Rosie showed me her favourite Ulm night-club 'Eden', which, like the Beat, must be seen to be believed... it used to be a 'gentleman's club' and they got rid of the strippers and now it's a night-club. They kept the poles, the decor, the whole setup! ... it's like the Beat only instead of having giant posters of gay porn stars, they have oldschool burlesque paintings. And it was filled with drunk emo kids wearing black sweatshirts... loose the kids, keep the decor... add some queers and it would make a super cool club.

Annnywho... I am now tired, I shall update again tomorrow 😊

Night all, Thanks for the comments, I miss you guys heaps, it's weird, I really, really like being here and all, but already I am looking forward to being back with everyone again - best of both worlds I guess!!

Advertisement



9th December 2007

nioce to hear your are liking the local nosh!
4th May 2008

ahh memories
Thanks Susan, I almost forgot how much fun we had that night. How are things in Brisbane? Hope you are well. All the best, Rosie you can still turn in 8pm German time, every odd week, www.freefm.de

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb