Decided to dump the star trek bollocks as it was getting a bit boring.


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
June 24th 2012
Published: June 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Frankfurt early, at about ´5.00 am after a long fight on a very cramped A380 (bit of a disapointment). Chris's organisational skill shone as we walked onto the platform for Stuttgard as the train arrived. One and a half hours later we were in Stuttgart and decided to walk to the hotel. Bloody long way and we discovered later that it was a five minute tram ride. Greeted in reception by a very friendly guy who seemed inquisitive about us only having one room!. We stressed that it had single beds but he still seemed slightly amused. LIttle did we know!

There are two single beds but the room is very small! we pushed them apart and managed to create about two inches of separation and now we've put all the spare pillows down the middle to create an inpeneratable barrier.

Jumped on the tram at 9.30 and headed off to the mercedes museum, which was really good, great architechture and some specular vehicles. After another long walk back into town we stopped for a german lunch. Chris very confidently ordered Pigs trotter and sour kraut. Strange thing was that pork chop and dumplings arrived. Still the food was good and two rounds of drinks and the meals came to a little over $25.00.

Next we moved down the street to a pub which had the Grand Prix on and watched the race. We left the pub a little the worse for wear and then went on an extensive tour of the tram system , much to the amusement of the locals. Directions on public transport doesn't seem to be a strong point especially after several beers. Anyway back at the hotel for an early night. Not sure what tomorrow holds yet but the training for the tour is going well (not)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb